China Clay is a fine soft white clay, which was first used in China in the production of ceramics. It occurs naturally in soils and evolve from the procedure of chemical weathering in hot climate and moist conditions. Also known by the names of Kaolin, White Cosmetic clay and Hydrated Aluminum Silicate, it is is used in making textile, rubber, tiles, paint, porcelain, paper and various other products. The important component, China Clay is also used in making organic plastics, ink, cosmetics, which demand whiteness, fine grains, absorption properties and chemical inertness.
Utility advantages and physical properties :
- In filling, it is amalgamated with cellulose fiber in order to proffer color, print-ability, opaqueness to the paper sheet.
- Highly inert as it does not act with other elements at assorted temperatures and PH levels.
- Not soluble in water, rather makes a slurry mixture in water.
- Its cation is precisely low with exchange power, less reactive.
- Helps in improving Characteristics of flow
- Shelf stability can be enhanced
- Opacity can be increased
Cited below are some applications of our offered China Clay:
- Find usage in various industries such as textile, sanitary ware, etc.
- Can be used as a raw material in rubber industry
- Also used as a material for blending polymers
- Acts as a filler in paper industry
|Properties ||Unit ||ChinaClay 10 ||ChinaClay 20 |
|Particle size D-50 ||μm ||3.0 + 1.0 ||4.0 + 1.0 |
|Particle size D-97 ||μm ||12.0 + 2.0 ||20.0 + 2.0 |
|Dry Whiteness ||% ||Min. 88 ||Min. 88 |
|Oil Absorption ||Gm / 100gm ||38.0 + 2.0 ||35.0 + 2.0 |
|Water Demand ||Ml / 100gm ||42.0 + 1.0 ||40.0 + 1.0 |
|Hegman Finish || ||5 ||5 |
|Volatile Matter ||% ||0.3 ||0.3 |
|Bulk Density ||Gm / ltr ||425 + 50 ||475 + 50 |
|PH of SAT. Solution || ||8.0 – 9.0 ||8.0 – 9.0 |
|Specific Gravity || ||2.6 ||2.6 |
|Loss on ignition ||% ||14.6 ||14.6 |